As one of the commercial trucking hubs in the country, the passage of semi-trucks to 18-wheelers is a sight you see every day in Houston, Texas. Due to this, truck accidents are a common occurrence in this state of region. Which is why you need a Houston trucking accident attorney.
Throughout this article, we will feature several other reasons why you need an attorney for a Houston trucking accident. We will also show you some of the compensation that you should get from a truck accident. So, read on!
Trucking Accident, a Common Occurrence in Houston
As you already know, the Houston area in the state of Texas is one of the centers of commercial trucks. With the high volumes of traffic ranging from semi-trucks to 18-wheel trucks, you may not be able to avoid trucking accidents in this region.
Based on data from the FMCSA taken from 2019 to 2021, there have been a total of 479,103 crashes and collisions involving large trucks in Houston, Texas. Here are the truck collision statistics that FMSCA has accumulated.
- There were approximately 56,975 large truck accidents that occurred
- 31,790 truck accidents caused injuries
- 2,138 deaths resulted from truck accidents
In addition, in one year only in 2021, 796 people passed away, and 11,355 people were injured as a result of commercial truck accidents in Houston. In other words, there are about 2 deaths and 32 cases of injury from truck accidents every day. Therefore, a Houston trucking accident attorney is an absolute knowledge to study.
Why Hire a Houston Trucking Accident Attorney?
There are many reasons why you should hire a competent and professional attorney for any trucking accident. After all, truck accident case claims are not the same and not as easy as car accident case claims. Although both cases involve one or more vehicles, truck accident litigation is much more complicated.
Due to the complexity of the litigation, hiring an experienced attorney for the Houston trucking accident becomes important. Below are some of the factors and reasons why you should hire an attorney to handle your trucking accident case.
- Your case may involve more than one defendant, including the truck driver, the employer, the rig parts maker, and possibly other parties. Things will be much more complicated than you might imagine.
- Multiple defendants mean multiple insurance companies will be involved. All of them are trying to assign liability and pay you as little as possible. Thus, by hiring a lawyer, you can get the rights and compensation you deserve.
- Truck drivers are commonly subject to federal regulations, state laws, and local laws. As a result of this, many agencies are likely to be involved in accident investigations and each of these agencies is governed by its regulations, laws, and procedures.
- Injuries from truck accidents tend to be more extensive than those from car accidents. Therefore, the damages demanded in truck accident lawsuits tend to be much higher.
All of these factors when combined, can make truck accident claims complicated and often hotly contested. This is where the role of a lawyer becomes crucial, helping you obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve after being injured in a truck accident.
When Should I Hire a Houston Trucking Accident Attorney?
The abovementioned question is probably the most common one people ask. In fact, when is the right time to get the services of an attorney for your truck accident case? Below are some of the circumstances that require you to contact a Houston trucking accident attorney as soon as possible.
- A fatal truck accident has caused you severe injuries, such as broken bones, paralysis, amputation, burns, or permanent physical impairment.
- The accident involved other vehicles.
- The truck accident occurred in a construction zone or school zone where many lives were involved
- There is an incomplete official accident report that does not accurately describe what happened
After all, by hiring a lawyer, you will be kept away from unnecessary accusations and improper compensation. Moreover, an attorney for a Houston trucking accident attorney can also help you find out the real cause of the truck accident.
Generally, the better and more competent an attorney is, the better these people are at finding the overall cause of a truck accident. Many people speculate on the causes of Houston trucking accidents, but only a competent lawyer can present solid evidence.
Understanding Truck Accident Injuries. What Are They?
Here are some common examples of truck accident injuries that you may suffer when involved in a truck accident.
- Head and brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Amputated limbs or extremities
- Body fires
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Torso and rib injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
How Does It Work?
Inevitably, when an accident occurs, it is very difficult to avoid the magnitude of the consequences of the incident. Many victims suffer serious injuries such as broken bones, head injuries, and even trauma. Either way, these victims need to be rushed to the hospital as soon as possible.
From here, a Houston trucking accident attorney will take a broader view. These individuals will represent your interests as a victim by looking for important and valid evidence to get you the compensation you deserve. Below is the more specific explanation:
- Proof of Fault: The key to any truck accident claim is proving that the other party’s negligence caused the accident. Physical evidence such as skid marks on the road or damage to the vehicle can help determine who was at fault.
- Evidence of Your Injuries: Medical records and testimony from experts can determine the nature and severity of your injuries. Coupled with the fact that your injuries were caused by a truck accident.
- Evidence of Damages: Finally, the evidence must show that you suffered compensable losses as a result of the truck accident. The losses incurred can be both economic and non-economic in nature.
An experienced truck accident lawyer will also compare the facts of your case to the extensive federal regulations that govern the commercial trucking industry. Truck drivers, trucking companies, and other parties who violate the regulations can and should be held liable for the harm they cause.
Careful collection of evidence and testimony from experts is essential to making an effective truck accident claim and proving that you are entitled to compensation. A knowledgeable lawyer will also know what constitutes a fair settlement offer and when it is necessary to file a lawsuit and take your case to court.
Let’s Hire a Houston Trucking Accident Attorney!
If you wish to avoid paying the costs of being involved in a truck accident, then hiring a Houston trucking accident attorney is important. These are experts who will help you receive your rights and get compensation for the losses you have incurred as a victim of a truck accident in Houston. So, get in touch with the most patent one now!